Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Two Weeks without Shampoo

This is about the point I got to last time when I gave up on going "no-poo". My head is itchy, my hair is dry, my fingers smell like dirty hair after I scratch my scalp, and it's just nasty! I know it can take up to six weeks and I feel like I have way more tools this time, but holy moly, I'm dying over here.

I washed again, a couple nights ago, with the banana/egg/lemon/castor oil mixture and it was fine. It was night time, so I just did my regular "plunking" and slept with it on my head. It turned out alright, but the ends were definitley dry. I'm out of conditioner, so I'm using a bottle that is AG light conditioning, and I think it's just too light.

I also tried Aloe, which I thought would condition my ends, but it did nothing. I'm finding that no matter what I do, I can't get a comb through my curls when it's wet, which is what I need to do to de-tangle, and I need to do it while it's super wet, or it just separates my curls too much. I need something that allows glide without gunking up my hair too much. It can't contain silicone, so I'm quickly running out of options. I did read that Aloe is great for your scalp, so I'm dying to get home and just scrub my head with it.

I haven't brushed in a while and I'm sure that's one of the problems. The brush really gets all the gunk off my scalp, and helps nourish my ends with the oil that's being produced.

HOLY ITCHING. I'm about to shave my head just so I can scratch it. Gross. Sorry :

No comments:

Post a Comment